Girls and women’s rugby at Castleford Tigers is a source of great pride with our traditionally strong Super League team competing every year and being recognised as one of the finest teams in the sport’s history.
Our female development programme also offers both rugby and sports training and academic qualifications for females aged 16-19 years old in partnership with Airedale Academy.
Players can combine full-time study and a training schedule and have the chance to represent The Castleford Tigers Foundation within the Yorkshire College League, sanctioned by the governing body RFL.
- We have worked with over 1,200 players
- Our girls’ focus group meets once a month to discuss ideas on how to improve and shape our delivery
- We offer Level 3 BTEC National Extended Diplomas in Sports (Performance & Excellence)
- External recognition from the Rugby Football League for an excellent programme
- Over 40 players have progressed from our girls’ schools programme into the Tigers women’s first team
- Castleford Academy girls’ team (all levels) have won over 100 titles in the Last 20 years
WE AIM TO…
- Ensure the girls’ focus group becomes a key component of shaping our current and future delivery. For them, by them