Young people aged 5 to 19 are given the opportunity to take part in a team sport, meet new people and enjoy exercise in a safe environment.
Our scheme delivers a wide range of sessions and courses including rugby and other sports, health, social inclusion and educational programmes for children in Airedale, Castleford and West Yorkshire.
Young people will also be encouraged to become mentors for other children who may need guidance and support from their own peers.
- Offered over 40 weeks per year, every year
- Regular liaison with Local schools and youth agencies
- Progressions into volunteering
- Qualification in Sports Leaders UK Level 1 Award
- Opportunities for employment
- Reduce crime and anti-social behaviour
- We’re partnered with Wakefield District Housing and West Yorkshire Police Community Safety Team
- Our intervention helps reduce crime, increase volunteering and provides re-education
- Since its inception, The Foundation has worked with 1,600 children and young people who are at risk or who are involved in anti-social behaviour