Our flagship ‘Tigers PDRL’ programme provides a life-changing opportunity for physically disabled people to become actively involved in regular rugby league. The Tigers PDRL is open to anyone with a disability aged 6 and over.
Catering for players at both junior and adult level across the full spectrum of disabilities, we focus on ability rather than disability. Since its inception in 2018 it is seen as a leading provision for disability rugby league in the UK, delivering high quality tailored activity for all.
Over the Last few years our Tigers PDRL team have made significant strides, reaching the final of the ‘Grand Day Out’, narrowly losing out via the golden point.
- Our players range from ages 10 to 53
- We deliver over 50 sessions every season
- It is one of the Largest disability coaching programmes in rugby League
- We partner with the NHS and parent support groups to ensure high suitability and bags of fun!
- The team reached the final of the ‘Grand Day Out’ at Blackpool in 2018, losing to eventual World Champions, Warrington Wolves
WE AIM TO…
- Help our players progress their development and represent England in the 2021 Rugby League World Cup
- Grow participant levels and disability provision across the Five Towns
RULES AND FACT…
- Each league game is played over a 50 minute period (2 x 25 minute halves)
- Each team is allowed 9 players on the pitch at any one time
- There are a maximum of 2 able-bodied players and 2 `red shorted’ players on the pitch at anytime during the game
- The sport has a league structure in place and will deliver festivals across the year, culminating in a September final
- In 2021 there will be a Physical Disability fixtures alongside the Men’s, Women’s and Wheelchair World Cups which will facilitate a national development squad being put together
THEY SAID IT…
“It’s beyond words. The pride I have in representing our great club is absolutely immense. It’s quite simply a dream come true.”
PDRL, Vice-Captain, Mike McGann
THANK YOU TO OUR PDRL KIT SPONSORS FOR 2021!