Students will learn what a social enterprise is and its objectives, whilst being given the opportunity to set-up and run their own business in order to have an impact on their school or local community.
Enterprise groups will be allocated and participants engaged with hands-on, real life learning to inspire and prepare them for a career in the business world whilst developing personal attributes such as self-esteem and confidence.
By the end of this programme, students will:
- Develop their communication skills through group activities and setting up their business
- Improve mathematical skills by understanding how to make a profit in a business
- Further their knowledge of business and social enterprise including advertising and promotional skills, customer service and product analysis
- Have a better understanding of social and environmental issues in their local community and how to help tackle these
- Increase self-esteem and self-confidence through running their trading activity
This course is ideal for year 9/10 students. It provides an opportunity to gifted and talented students to further their interest and education in business studies and social enterprise.
However, it is also a positive tool for engaging with students who are lacking motivation and interest towards their education.
With the unique selling point that the students have the freedom of choice well as a chance to raise money a worthwhile cause, this has been a great behaviour management tool many schools.