The Tigers College are now taking applications for September 2022/23 here!
Read all about our Tigers College offering in full by downloading our Castleford Tigers-College Prospectus
Our popular 2 year programme of practical and learning sessions combines full-time study with a rugby league training schedule; open to both females and males. You will also earn the opportunity to represent the Castleford Tigers Foundation within the college league with regular fixtures alongside quality training.
The education content is as follows:
- Numerous qualifications including a Level 3 NCFE National Extended Diploma in Sports (Performance & Excellence).
- Undertake work experience, organised by us, whilst on the programme.
- 12 hours of theoretical studies per week and 9 hours practical sessions per week.
- Opportunity to gain RFL Level 1 and 2 Coaching Certificate or Sports Leaders Award.
- Your qualification will allow you to study for a Foundation Degree or enter the world of work or sport.
In addition we can offer the following:
- Access to the Castleford Tigers First Team; including observation sessions, talks and tips from First Team players and online calls. Find out what it takes to make it to the ‘top’ (in any profession).
- Take part in games appropriate to your skill levels.
- A high quality, specially designed strength and conditioning programme to help YOU be the best you can be.
- Access to outstanding coaches and video analysts.
- Stash – yes, the all-important bit. You will receive your very own Tigers College kit bag and goodies to wear with pride on the course.
- Tickets and access to Tigers home games.
- Opportunity to volunteer for the Tigers Foundation programmes.
The course gives students fully recognised qualifications for UCAS applications, whilst giving insight into the sports industry which supports young people in making the right decisions.
Begin your journey with Castleford Tigers College for September 2022/23 by completing the application form.
- 4 GCSEs at grade 4 or above.
- Maths and English qualifications (don’t worry if you haven’t got them yet, we can help with that whilst on the course!).
- Must have a keen interest in sport.
Level 1,2,3 (Award, Certificate, Diploma)
Looking to change careers or want some new skills? Looking to increase your qualifications? Haven’t quite found what you’re ‘wanting to do in life’? The Tigers College currently offers over 30 courses across a range of sectors and industries. Whatever your interest, we have a course to suit you.
Best of all, EVERY course is fully funded, meaning you don’t have to pay a penny to enrol or take up the course. All courses are also available to study online, at your own speed, in the comfort of your own room. We also offer a Tigers Study Suite if you prefer to study and learn in our learning facility (complete with laptops, internet access, desks and learning equipment).
In partnership with our friends at The Skills Network, you can view our courses, programme prospectus and sign up through our site here: https://castlefordtigers.theskillsnetwork.com/
A new addition for 2021, the Tigers College now offer access to Foundation Degrees in association with University Centre Leeds. We currently offer the following programmes:
- FD Sport (Physical Education and Coaching)
- FD Sport (Exercise and Performance)
- FD Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- FD Health and Wellbeing
- FD Social Care (Adult & Community)
All courses require a tuition fee to enrol, BUT don’t worry, student loans and bursaries are available to help fund your course (and you don’t pay them back until you reach a certain level of income).
For more information and to sign up, email us via firstname.lastname@example.org
There’s never been a better time to study for the courses you’ve always wondered about. Best of all, we’re here to help and guide you through the process.
Castleford Tigers College is proudly supported by Hannafin Contractors Limited.